Introduction

    My name is Drew Scott, I am 25 years old and am originally from Colorado Springs, Colorado. I moved up to Alaska in 2018 with my lovely wife, Anika. My wife and I have been married for 4 years now and are preparing to welcome a baby girl into the world next month, we could not be more excited! As we are preparing to be parents, we are also preparing to move overseas to Hungary for a couple of years. While in Hungary, we will be working with an international church, focusing on community outreach and relational ministry. Anika and I currently live in a cabin-style house with our two dogs Buck and Phoebe. Buck is a Border Collie, so he is very energetic and always wanting a task to complete. Phoebe is an Aidi which is a type of cattle dog as well. While she is more laid back, she is also energetic and enjoys playing just as much as Buck. I enjoy many outdoor activities to include hunting, backpacking, and any sport. I also love to play musical instruments - primarily the bass and acoustic guitar. I am a very active person and enjoy being in nature as much as I can, especially with my wife and dogs. In my current season of life, I am very grateful for the passions and relationships that I have developed and am excited for what life looks like going forward.

    I have always had an appreciation of art. Over the last 5 years or so, I have come to see that art comes in many different forms. There is beauty and artistic value in nature, music and even cooking. The main art forms I take part in are music, nature appreciation (via photography), and occasional painting with my wife.  Although I have come to love these forms of art, I also value going to traditional art museums. I enjoy the different styles of art and seeing the history and influence behind each piece. Art is very important to me because it is a way to express my feelings and emotions with out having to put them into words. In my eyes, art is everywhere and has no bounds, that is the beauty of it. 



(6 August 2022, Anchorage Botanical Gardens)















Art Museum; Vance Kirkland

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your soon to be born baby. I love nature photography, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Drew, I was in Hungary this summer while traveling Europe and although I only made it to Budapest, it was beautiful. Good luck on your coming adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Analysis: Jean Metzinger

Mid Modern Art- Abstract Expressionism